What's New at Citizens Bank Park, Home of the Phillies03/22/2010 12:21 PM ET
What's New at Citizens Bank Park, Home of the Phillies
The award-winning Citizens Bank Park, home of the 2009 National League Champion Phillies, enters its seventh season with a new lineup of fan-friendly offerings.
NEW PLAYING FIELD
After six seasons of use and some of the greatest moments in Phillies history - including capturing a World Series Championship, two National League pennants, and three NL East titles - the original playing field of Citizens Bank Park has been carefully removed and a new one is now in its place. Players will take to this new field for the first time during the Phillies-Pirates exhibition game on Friday, April 2.
OWN A PIECE OF HISTORY: Authentic-Game Used Sod Collectible
The original playing field at Citizens Bank Park was removed after the 2009 postseason - and with it comes the chance for fans to own a piece of history.
- Authentic game-used sod from the actual playing surface of Citizens Bank Park is being made available to fans as a collectible. The grass has been sectioned into 3" x 3" pieces, freeze dried, preserved, and displayed in a beautiful UV-glass case, where it comes with a photo of the field and highlights about the ballpark. Each collectible includes a tamper-proof, hologram sticker from MLB's Authentication Program that can be verified by its unique number at www.phillies.com.
- The retail price for each 3" x 3" section is $79.99 for outfield or infield sections, or $119.99 for a Limited Edition piece of the painted Phillies logo section from behind home plate during the 2009 postseason at Citizens Bank Park. Each logo piece is numbered 1 to 2009.
- This unique piece of Phillies memorabilia has been developed through a partnership between the Phillies and Stadium Associates, LLC, a Cranbury, NJ-based company licensed by Major League Baseball.
- Available for purchase at the Majestic Clubhouse Store at Citizens Bank Park and online at www.phillies.com.
ALL ABOUT BALLPARK FARE
Vote for a New Signature Hot Dog
Fans are being asked to determine a new signature hot dog for Citizens Bank Park.
New! Ballpark Food & Beverages
- Voting takes place online at phillies.com from Monday, March 22 - Sunday, April 4...or fans can taste the choices in person during the Phillies exhibition games, April 2-3, at Citizens Bank Park.
- Finalists include a South Philly Hot Dog, Olde Philadelphia Hot Dog, and Summer Hot Dog.
- The new fan choice hot dog will be available throughout the 2010 season, beginning Opening Week on April 12.
- For the past three years, PETA has selected Citizens Bank Park as the #1 vegetarian ballpark in the major leagues. Vegetarian offerings now include black bean burgers (Alley Grill and behind Section 128) and more veggie hot dog locations (behind Sections 206 and 318).
- New and improved Alley Grill! This popular area now features milk shakes, burgers, french fries, chicken sandwiches and black bean burgers.
- Fresh popped Sweet 'n Salty Kettle Corn (behind Harry the K's), Roasted and Salted Pistachios (at select Brewerytown locations), Iced Coffee and Cappuccinos (behind Section 128) are also new for 2010.
- The popular Campo's Deli will now offer a Meatball Sandwich (Ashburn Alley). Also returning: the fan-favorite "Heater" sandwich.
NEW! FAN ATTRACTIONS
- "Phillie Phanatic" Statue: Phillie Phanatics will soon be all over the city - and at Citizens Bank Park! Fans will be able to take photos on the Main Concourse with a six-foot Phanatic statue, part of the "Phanatic Around Town" public art project. This one-hundred pound, fiberglass statue will be autographed by the 2010 Phillies and later auctioned off to benefit Phillies Charities. For more information on this tourism and fan initiative, which features the Phillie Phanatic and ties into the Greater Philadelphia Marketing Corporation's With Love, Philadelphia XOXO tourism marketing campaign, please visit www.phillies.com/phanaticaroundtown.
- Citizens Bank Phan Trivia Challenge: Located in Ashburn Alley, fans can compete and test their Phillies knowledge at this unique video-based trivia game. The winner of each round wins prizes and is entered into season-long trivia contests.
- Citizens Bank "Ring 'Em Up": Formerly Citizens Bank Pitch 'em and Tip 'em, this popular interactive game has been updated with new graphics. Citizens Bank Run the Bases has also been updated with new graphics. Both are located in Ashburn Alley.
MORE! RED GOES GREEN
In April 2008, the Phillies, Aramark, and Global Spectrum launched the "Red Goes Green" program in an effort to lead the way in the clean energy movement at professional sports venues. Since that time, the team has won numerous awards for its going green efforts. New initiatives for 2010 include the addition of 250 new green certified foam soap dispensers in public restrooms throughout the ballpark. Other Red Goes Green features will be announced later in the season.
NEW! PHILLIES NOVELTIES & MERCHANDISE
The Phillies and Aramark continue to expand its merchandise offerings at the Majestic Clubhouse Store and throughout Citizens Bank Park. New highlights include:
- Phillies: An Extraordinary Tradition: A celebration of over 125 years of Phillies baseball (available in May). Dedicated to the late Harry Kalas, this commemorative book and keepsake provides a window through time, showcasing the Phillies' historic faces and places that comprise their legacy.
- Features more than 400 photos and rare pieces of Phillies memorabilia.
- Chronicled through original essays by and about such stars as: Dick Allen, Jim Bunning, Larry Bowa, Steve Carlton, Dallas Green, Ryan Howard, John Kruk, Charlie Manuel, Gene Mauch, Tug McGraw, Jamie Moyer, Robin Roberts, Mike Schmidt, Tony Taylor, Chase Utley and more.
- Features interactive inserts including replica tickets, program covers, and collectible art cards.
- Phillies Toaster (available in May) - Start your morning with a taste of the Phillies! This toaster brands toast with a Phillies "P".
- Phillies Rubik's Cubes: This is the perfect challenge for Phillies fans, featuring a Phillies-branded cube.
- New Kids Items: Including Phillies Peel 'N Stick Face tattoos and Phanatic Slippers. Plus, just for girls: Scratch N Sniff Candy or Sun-Activated Flower hats.
- The Memorabilia Store from Hunt Auctions (behind Section 126, Main Concourse): Features authentic vintage and modern baseball memorabilia, including autographed jerseys, baseballs, bats, pennants, photographs, and more.
NEW! "Need Help?" Guest Text Service
This new text service connects fans immediately to game-day staff when emergency assistance is needed during home games at Citizens Bank Park. This prompt text service will allow the Phillies to respond even quicker to any unforeseen medical, security or cleaning issue that may occur throughout the season.
How to Use "Need Help?"
- Text the word "PHILLIES" [space], with issue and location to 69050.
- The Phillies will automatically respond with a text, notifying the fan that the message was received and how they will respond.
For more information, please visit www.phillies.com.
This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.