NOTE: Standing Room Only tickets will go on sale at 4:00 p.m. for games on April 11-13…noon for the game on April 14…and at 9:00 a.m. for games on April 15.
Online: Follow the action before and during the game on www.facebook.com/phillies, @philaphillies and @phillies.
Traffic/Transit: Motorists are reminded they can log on to www.511pa.com, www.511nj.org or call 511 from any phone before or after the game to check traffic conditions on major highways surrounding the Sports Complex. Transit services are also available … for a SEPTA schedule please visit www.septa.org.
Extra! Extra!: Issue 1 of the 2012 Phillies Magazine featuring new Phillies closer Jonathan Papelbon, available at the Majestic Clubhouse Store or ballpark NewsStands.
MIAMI MARLINS (April 11-12)
WEDNESDAY: 7:05 p.m. … Gate openings: Ashburn Alley – 4:35 p.m.; Other gates - 5:35 p.m. … Broadcast: PHL17, WPHT 1210/WIP 94.1, MEGA 1310 AM (Spanish).
- McDonald’s Opening Night "REPRESENT" T-Shirt for fans 15 and over. First Ball: John Durante.
- Fiorenza’s Food For Friends Night. First ball: Anthony John Fiorenza.
- Special Welcome: Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
- National Anthem: Agnes Irwin School Bel Cantos of Rosemont, Pa.
- On the way to the game: “Phillies Express” train taking the Phanatic and fans to that evening’s ballgame.
THURSDAY: 7:05 p.m. … Gate openings: Ashburn Alley – 4:35 p.m.; Other gates - 5:35 p.m. … Broadcast: CSN, WPHT 1210/WIP 94.1, MEGA 1310 AM (Spanish).
- Hatfield Phillies Franks Dollar Dog Night.
Holy Family University Night.
- National Anthem: Holy Family University Choir.
- First ball: Bob Truitt, member of Board of Trustees.
- Occupational Therapy Night. First ball: Matthew Saad Muhammed, One Step Away champion, former lightweight champion and Hall of Fame boxer.
- GlaxoSmithKline Night. First ball: Jarret Loux.
- Phillies ALS Sponsor Recognition Night. All sponsors who supported the 2011 Phillies Phestival will be introduced on-field.
- Special Welcomes: Hosts for Hospitals and City Year.
- 5th Inning: Shooting hot dogs! 7th Inning: Holy Family Dance Team will dance with the Phanatic.
NEW YORK METS (April 13-15)
FRIDAY: 7:05 p.m. … Gate openings: Ashburn Alley – 4:35 p.m.; Other gates - 5:35 p.m. … Broadcast: PHL17, WPHT 1210/WIP 94.1, WDAS 1480 AM (Spanish).
- Ridge Park Elementary School Night. National Anthem: Ridge Park Elementary School Third Grade chorus. First Ball: Dr. Michael McKenna.
- Nazareth Academy High School Night. First Ball: Michelle Nocitra.
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Night. First Ball: Lauren Black, Team Leader of Lauren’s Lifesavers, who raised $24,000 to fight CF.
- Phillies Extraordinary Scholar Winners presented by Verizon Wireless and Cabrini College: Emily Tucci of Villa Maria Academy (Malvern, Pa.) and Matthew Sinclair of Father Judge High School (Philadelphia, Pa.) will be honored for their work in the community while maintaining a minimum B average.
- 5th inning: Phanatic and Cabrini College Dance Team.
- Special Welcome: Downingtown Area School District.
- Player Ticket Programs: JRoll’s Aces – Jimmy Rollins will meet with students from the Julia de Burgos School in Philadelphia during batting practice, and provide a T-shirt and concessions.
SATURDAY: 4:05 p.m. … Gate openings: Ashburn Alley – 1:35 p.m.; Other gates – 2:05 p.m. … Broadcast: CSN, WPHT 1210/WIP 94.1, MEGA 1310 AM (Spanish).
- Charlie Manuel 646 All-Time Club Record Managerial Wins Recognition. Charlie will be recognized on-field and honored for his great accomplishment.
Turkey Hill Kids’ Opening Day:
- All kids 14 and under will receive a Turkey Hill Charlie Manuel collectible baseball and tin bank commemorating Charlie’s all-time club record for managerial wins.
- Young fans will be chosen to be part of a special Starting Nine, work with the grounds crew, announce the lineups, dance with the Phanatic.
- Presentation of Rawlings Gold Glove Award to Placido Polanco.
- PA Promise for Children Night. First Ball: Garrett Michael Hoagland accompanied by Ricky Pfeifer.
- National Anthem: The Bach Children’s Chorus, Rochester, NY.
- Phillies Charities Silent Auction, First Base Gate, 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Featuring game-used and autographed items.
- Player Ticket Programs: Flyin’ Hawaiian All-Stars – Shane Victorino will host children from the Boy Scouts’ ScoutReach program.
SUNDAY: 1:35 p.m. … Gate openings: Ashburn Alley – 11:05 a.m.; Other gates – 11:35 a.m. … Pre-Game Show: WB Mason Behind the Pinstripes at 1:05 p.m. on PHL17; Broadcast: PHL17, WPHT 1210/WIP 94.1, WDAS 1480 AM (Spanish).
Phillies Salute to Jackie Robinson: Fans are encouraged to be in their seats by 12:35 p.m. for the on-field pre-game celebration, which will also stream live on phillies.com.
- The entire Phillies team will be wearing #42 in honor of Jackie Robinson.
- Two players from the historic Philadelphia Stars – pitcher Harold Gould and second baseman Mahlon Duckett – will be honored on the field. The Philadelphia Stars was in existence from 1934 to 1952 and won the 1934 Negro National League pennant. Phillies players will also participate in the tribute.
- Honor Guard: Members of the famed Tuskegee Airmen, who made African American history at the same time Jackie Robinson broke the color line in Major League Baseball. Airmen include Lt. Col. Thomas Mayfield, Rev. Milton Holmes, John Pritchett, Dr. Eugene Richardson, Henry Moore, John Harrison and Bertram Levy.
- Phillies Jackie Robinson Scholarship presentation to: Tyanna Hudson (a senior at Frankford High School in Philadelphia, Pa., and member of the Phillies RBI Softball Team).
- Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholar David Thomas (a senior at the University of Pennsylvania) will be honored.
- Ashburn Alley: Take photos with a life-size, hand-carved and painted wooden statue of Jackie Robinson. The statue, which weighs over 250 pounds and stands over 6 feet tall, was created by sculptor Brian Birrer and took over 900 hours to transform from over 50 pieces of walnut, pine and basswood.
- Hot Off the Presses: Autobiography of Philadelphia Stars Catcher Bill “Ready” Cash written by Bill Cash and Al Hunter, Jr., Thou Shalt Not Steal: The Baseball Life and Times of a Rifle-Armed Negro League Catcher, available to purchase at the Phillies Newsstand in Section 111.
- Earlier in the Day: Phillies Ballgirls will take part in a Tribute to the Philadelphia Stars at the Negro League Memorial in Fairmount Park (Belmont and Parkside Aves.) from 10:30 a.m. – 11:15 a.m., and a Jackie Robinson Brunch at Le Cochon Noir (5070 Parkside Ave.) from 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Free Admission at both events.
- xpedx 2012 Schedule Magnet for all fans.
- National Anthem: Play On, Philly! wind ensemble, Philadelphia, Pa.