NOTE: Tickets are available for the Padres and Astros series. Go to phillies.com to purchase tickets.
WEEKEND TRAFFIC ALERT:
- FRIDAY: Fans should be aware of dual events taking place at the sports complex. In addition to the Phillies vs. Padres game, there will be a Red Hot Chili Peppers concert at the Wells Fargo Center at 8:00 p.m.
- SATURDAY: Due to construction on the Walt Whitman Bridge, fans will encounter severe lane restrictions and are encouraged to allow for extra travel time and/or use either the Ben Franklin Bridge or Betsy Ross Bridge as an alternate. These restrictions will continue over the next four weekends (excluding Memorial Day weekend).
- TRAVEL OPTIONS: Fans are urged to take public transportation or carpool as well as park in the first available lot. SEPTA will have additional Broad Street Line subway service to the Sports Complex, including extra "sports express" service trains. For more information, call (215) 580-7800 or visit septa.org. Motorists are reminded they can log on to 511pa.com, 511nj.org or call 511 from any phone before or after the game to check traffic conditions on major highways surrounding the Sports Complex.
Online: Follow the action before and during the game on facebook.com/phillies, @philaphillies and @phillies.
Firestone All-Star Game In-Park Balloting at Citizens Bank Park continues through June 20. Fans may drop off 10 completed ballots at the All-Star table behind Section 112 until the 5th inning to receive a free pair of Vote Phillies Eye Black stickers. Fans can also submit votes online at Phillies.com. Vote for your favorite Phillies today!
Hot Off the Presses!! Issue 2 of the 2012 Phillies Magazine featuring Jim Thome, available at the Majestic Clubhouse Store or ballpark NewsStands.
"Need Help?" Text Service: If there is a medical, security or cleaning emergency during home games at Citizens Bank Park, fans can text the word "PHILLIES" [space], with issue and location to 69050. The Phillies will automatically reply with a text with how they will respond.
SAN DIEGO PADRES (May 11-13)
FRIDAY: 7:05 p.m...Gate openings: Ashburn Alley - 4:35 p.m.; Other gates - 5:35 p.m. … Broadcast: CSN, WPHT 1210/WIP 94.1, WDAS 1480 AM (Spanish).
- Teacher Appreciation Night, presented by GDF Suez.
- For the 12th consecutive year, the Phillies along with the Newspapers in Education Departments of The Philadelphia Inquirer and Daily News will honor ten area teachers for their positive impact on their students. These top teachers were selected from nominations by their students, parents, and peers. To read the nomination essays, click here.
- TEACHER ALL-STARS BEING HONORED:
- Judy Hoffman, William Tennent High School, Warminster, Pa.
- Bill Lever, Maple Point Middle School, Langhorne, Pa.
- Christy Marrella-Davis, Rosa International Middle School, Cherry Hill, NJ.
- Timothy Marren, Franklin Towne Charter, Philadelphia, Pa.
- Joe Maurizio, Paul W. Carleton School, Penns Grove, NJ.
- Kristina Papero, John Hydock Elementary School, Columbus, NJ.
- David Sheller, Coatesville Area High School, Coatesville, Pa.
- Frank Stepnowski, Pennsauken High School, Pennsauken, NJ.
- Maureen Tobin, Tamanend Middle School, Warrington, Pa.
- Ben Walsh, Central High School, Philadelphia, Pa.
- Pitcher Kyle Kendrick will also honor his favorite teacher, Arlene Moore, who taught his 1st grade class at Lincoln Elementary School in Mount Vernon, Washington.
- First Ball: Jeffrey Levine, representing GDF Suez; Gene Waiters of Maritime Academy Charter School, representing all Newspapers in Education teachers.
- 7th inning: Phanatic will dance with the honored teachers!
- North Penn School District Night. First Ball: David Franek.
- Central Bucks Education Association Night. First Ball: Stu Kesilman.
- National Anthem: Rice Elementary School Chorus.
- Player Ticket Programs: Doc's Box - Roy Halladay will host children from Little Smiles; Hamels' Heroes - Cole Hamels will honor members of the military involved in the VA Medical Center for their service. Guests will watch batting practice and receive a T-shirt and concessions.
SATURDAY: 7:05 p.m. ... Gate openings: Ashburn Alley - 4:35 p.m.; Other gates - 5:05 p.m. … Broadcast: CSN, WPHT 1210/WIP 94.1, MEGA 1310 AM (Spanish).
- Youth Baseball Celebration Night. Pre-game parade of over 1,500 area youth.
- Towamencin Youth Baseball Night.
- Warrington Youth Baseball Night.
- National Anthem: Upper Deerfield Township School Choir.
- Pre-game Performance by Woodruff School Marching Band; Color Guard: Woodruff School Color Guard.
- Special Welcome: Souderton Baseball and Lansdale Little League.
- Player Ticket Program: Flyin' Hawaiian All-Stars - Shane Victorino will host children from Project H.O.M.E. who will watch batting practice and receive a t-shirt and concessions.
- Earlier in the day: Welcome to Philadelphia Parade. Fans are invited to have fun with the Phanatic and other special guests from 12 - 1 p.m. at the Independence Visitor Center, 6th & Market Street, during a free event celebrating National Tourism Week. A new "Welcome to Philadelphia" video message by Ryan Howard will also be launched.
SUNDAY: 1:35 p.m....Gate openings: Ashburn Alley - 11:05 a.m.; Other gates - 11:35 a.m. … Broadcast: PHL 17, WPHT 1210/WIP 94.1, WDAS 1480 AM (Spanish).
- Stroehmann's Mother's Appreciation Day with Phillies retro "P" women's scarf for women 15 and over. Come to the ballpark for a pre-game tribute to salute all moms!
- Derry Pierre, Juan Pierre's mom, will represent all players' moms and be recognized on-field.
- The Phillies, MLB and the Susan G. Komen Foundation are "Going to Bat Against Breast Cancer." The Honorary Bat Girl, Barbie Brown of Bethesda, MD, who was selected for her story of inspiration and strength, will represent all breast cancer survivors and those fighting against the disease.
- She will be recognized on-field accompanied by pitcher Joe Blanton.
- Born in Scranton, Pa., Brown was serving her country as a sergeant in the U.S. military and stationed in Afghanistan when she was diagnosed with breast cancer in February, 2011. She is currently undergoing treatment at Walter Reed while also participating in marathons and training for various competitions. Brown hopes to inspire other young women going through the same journey, specifically her fellow service members.
- First Ball: Grandpa Stroehmann.
- National Anthem: Winslow Township High School Concert Choir.
HOUSTON ASTROS (May 14-15)
MONDAY: 7:05 p.m. … Gate openings: Ashburn Alley - 4:35 p.m.; Other gates - 5:35 p.m. … Broadcast: CSN, WPHT 1210/WIP 94.1, MEGA 1310 AM (Spanish).
- TEVA Respiratory Asthma Awareness Night with Phillies Liberty Bell cap for all fans. Also features free asthma screenings at the First and Third Base Gate entrances until the 7th inning.
- YMCA Night.
- Wissahickon Middle School Night. National Anthem: Wissahickon Middle School Choir. Pre-game performance by the Wissahickon Middle School Band.
- Color Guard: Boy Scout Troop 101 Honor Guard of Booths Corner, Pa.
- Special Welcome: Hillcrest Home and School Association, Churchville Elementary School and Astra Zeneca.
- Player Ticket Programs: Chooch's Chicos - Carlos Ruiz will meet with youngsters from Hispanic Community Counseling Services in North Philadelphia; Papelbon's Pen - Jonathan Papelbon will meet with Youth Services and provide t-shirts and concessions.
TUESDAY: 1:05 p.m. … Gate openings: Ashburn Alley - 10:35 p.m.; Other gates - 11:35 p.m. … Broadcast: CSN, WPHT 1210/WIP 94.1, WDAS 1480 AM (Spanish).
- Modell's Sporting Goods Senior Stroll the Bases. Fans 55 and older are invited to stroll the bases immediately following the game.
- Cold Spring and Butler Elementary School 6th Grade Classes Night. First Ball: Melissa Kassel will throw and Sarah Strohl will catch the first pitch.
- Villanova University Night.
- First Ball: Tennis great, Billie Jean King.
- National Anthem: Rosemont School of the Holy Child choir.