Phillies Press Release
Fans urged to allow extra time due to traffic restrictions, dual events at Sports Complex this weekend
Fans attending the Phillies vs. San Diego Padres games this weekend are urged to allow for extra travel time due to dual events on Friday, May 11 as well as Walt Whitman Bridge lane restrictions on Saturday, May 12.
Friday, May 11
- 7:05 p.m., Phillies vs. San Diego Padres, Citizens Bank Park.
- 8:00 p.m., Red Hot Chili Peppers, Wells Fargo Center.
Saturday, May 12
- 7:05 p.m., Phillies vs. Padres, Citizens Bank Park.
- There will be severe lane restrictions on the Walt Whitman Bridge from 6:00 a.m. on Saturday, May 12 to 9:00 a.m. on Sunday, May 13. Fans are encouraged to allow for extra travel time or use either the Ben Franklin Bridge or Betsy Ross Bridge as an alternate. These restrictions will continue over the next four weekends (excluding Memorial Day weekend).
- Fans are urged to take public transportation or carpool as well as park in the first available lot. SEPTA will have additional Broad Street Line subway service to the Sports Complex, including extra "sports express" service trains. For more information, call (215) 580-7800 or visit septa.org. Motorists are reminded they can log on to 511pa.com, 511nj.org or call 511 from any phone before or after the game to check traffic conditions on major highways surrounding the Sports Complex. Ticketing
- Go to Phillies.com for ticket availability for the Padres series.
- Fans can enter the ballpark through Ashburn Alley starting at 4:35 p.m. for both games. Entrance is through the Left Field Gate.
- All other gates open at 5:35 p.m. on Friday and 5:05 p.m. on Saturday.
- Variable message boards will be located throughout the Sports Complex directing fans to the various parking lots.
- Phillies fans are encouraged to arrive early and consider parking in the lots north of Pattison Avenue. There may be unusual traffic patterns and possible delays due to heavy complex traffic.
- Tailgating is not permitted in lots north of Pattison Avenue and west of Darien Street and will be strictly enforced. Holding additional spaces for tailgating or later arrival will be prohibited.
- Traffic tips and parking maps are available online at http://philadelphia.phillies.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/phi/ballpark/parking.jsp.