The Phillies will join Major League Baseball in hosting a pregame tribute in memory of those who lost their lives on September 11, 2001. The on-field ceremony will start at 6:30 p.m., prior to Tuesday's Phillies-Miami Marlins game at Citizens Bank Park. The team will also salute everyday heroes who protect the community.
Among the highlights, the pregame tribute will feature:
- State Flags Presentation, featuring local police and firemen who will carry out the 50 state flags onto the field.
- First Ball: Thrown by Christopher Suprun, a paramedic/firefighter 9/11 responder.
- National Anthem: Sung by police officer Brooks Kranich of Easton, Pa.
- America the Beautiful sung by MSGT Lori McCarty.
- Color Guard: All service.
- God Bless America performed by TSGT Jody Johnson.