Rooftop owners have apparently accepted the Cubs' plans. (AP)

CHICAGO -- Rooftop owners apparently have decided to accept the Cubs' plan of installing two outfield signs at Wrigley Field, including a video scoreboard in left, and drop their threatened lawsuit.

According to a story in the Chicago Tribune on Friday, the rooftop owners contacted the Cubs recently in an attempt to resolve their dispute over the proposed signage.

Alderman Tom Tunney, whose 44th Ward includes Wrigley Field, confirmed to the Chicago Tribune that the rooftop owners have agreed not to sue if only two signs are erected at the ballpark.

Last year, the Cubs said part of the $500-million-renovation plan for the ballpark and the surrounding neighborhood included adding two signs in the outfield -- a video scoreboard in left and a see-through sign in right. But in late May, the Cubs revealed they planned to increase the outfield signage, and want to install seven signs, including two video scoreboards -- one in left, one in right -- plus five see-through signs.

Cubs spokesman Julian Green told the Chicago Tribune on Thursday that the team planned to move forward with the revised plans released in May. The Cubs hoped to get approval for that plan on July 10 at a meeting of the Commission on Chicago Landmarks.

"We're 100 percent focused on presenting our revised expansion plan to the Commission on Chicago Landmarks," Green said. "Our construction timetable depends on getting the required approvals at that meeting, so that must be our priority at this time.

"Again, we're not prepared to lose another year and jeopardize delivering on the promises we made to our players, fans, partners and neighbors."

Fifteen of the buildings around Wrigley Field have been converted into rooftop businesses that sell tickets for their view of Cubs games. The Cubs and the rooftop owners reached an agreement in 2004 in which the team would receive 17 percent of the rooftop owners revenues for 20 years.

The Cubs cannot install anything to block the rooftop views, but feel the contract allows them to renovate the stadium and erect the signs as long as they receive approval from a public agency.

Cubs still undecided on Tuesday's Game 2 starter

WASHINGTON -- The Cubs will face off against the Reds in a day-night doubleheader on Tuesday in Cincinnati, but manager Rick Renteria has yet to announce the starter for the nightcap. Left-hander Travis Wood is slated to start the first leg.

Renteria said Triple-A Iowa standouts Tsuyoshi Wada and Dallas Beeler are under consideration to make the start, as both players pitched on Thursday. Beeler, a right-hander with a 3.93 ERA, surrendered two earned runs on eight hits over six innings before Wada, a left-hander with a 2.66 ERA, replaced him and allowed two earned runs on one hit over 2 2/3 innings.

"It may be [one of those two]," Renteria said. "They certainly fall in line."

The Reds feature two prominent left-handed power hitters in the middle of their order in Joey Votto and Jay Bruce, so Renteria said it wouldn't be "out of the ordinary" for the Cubs to tab the lefty Wada as the Game 2 starter. However, Beeler showed promising signs in his lone Major League start this season, when he spun six scoreless innings against the Nationals on June 28.

"We're going to still talk about it," Renteria said.

Renteria looking forward when it comes to Arrieta

Nelson breaks down Arrieta's near no-hitter

WASHINGTON -- Cubs manager Rick Renteria refuses to think about what could have been with right-hander Jake Arrieta, who has gone 5-1 and compiled a 1.81 ERA in 11 starts since missing the first month of the season with right shoulder tightness.

Chicago started the season 13-27 through its first 40 games, but has played five games above .500 in the 43 games since that point. A large reason for the recent success has been Arrieta, who sports a 1.60 ERA in just over 50 innings during that solid stretch. Not to mention, he's flirted with history in each of his past two starts, carrying a perfect game into the seventh inning against the Reds on June 24 and a no-hitter into the eighth inning against the Red Sox on Monday.

Still, Renteria said he couldn't focus on what Arrieta's impact may have been during the team's rough start. He has to look forward.

"Of course, if he's pitching the way he's pitching right now in the beginning of the season, would it have been a nice thing to have? Absolutely," Renteria said. "But I don't live in the past. The past is the past. I can't worry about what we didn't have. All I know is that, right now, the guys we have are doing a nice job. Now, it's just continuing to try and chip away."

Even after missing a good portion of the first half of the season, Renteria believes Arrieta is in the conversation for making the National League All-Star team, which will be announced on Sunday along with the American League squad.

"It's up to the powers that be, so to speak, to see if they view him in that vein," Renteria said.

Worth noting

• Renteria said all pitchers in his bullpen except Carlos Villanueva and James Russell should be available for Friday's series opener against the Nationals. The bullpen threw 5 2/3 innings in a 16-9 win over the Red Sox on Wednesday, with Villanueva and Russell combining for 3 1/3 of those innings.

Darwin Barney is the only Cubs player in the last two seasons to compile four hits with a triple in one game. He did it for a second time during the span after going 4-for-5 with a three-bagger against the Red Sox on Wednesday.

• The Cubs released right-hander Jonathan Sanchez, who appeared in one game for Triple-A Iowa this season on April 4 and allowed five earned runs on one hit over 2/3 of an inning. Sanchez threw a no-hitter in 2009 for the Giants.