03/26/2009 9:24 AM ET
Red Phanatic Returns! Phillies Paint the Town Red Week, March 30 - April 5
Mayor Nutter and Red Phanatic Celebrate a City of Champions!
With Opening Day just around the corner, the World Champion Phillies are getting ready to Paint the Town Red! From March 30 through April 5, the Red Phanatic will appear once again to celebrate the upcoming baseball season with unique events aimed at encouraging fans to be champions in their community.
MONDAY, MARCH 30
Celebrating a City of Champions Press Conference: MEDIA ONLY, Noon, City Hall (Room 202)
- Mayor Michael Nutter, the Red Phanatic, Phillies Broadcasters Gary "Sarge" Matthews and Tom McCarthy and Phillies Ballgirls will recognize nine champions in the community, unsung heroes who work hard every day to make Philadelphia a better place in which to live.
Cira Centre: Will feature the Phillies "P" throughout the week, compliments of Brandywine Realty Trust.
TUESDAY, MARCH 31
Phillies Blood Drive: OPEN TO THE PUBLIC, 2 - 7 p.m. (ALL PUBLIC DONOR SLOTS HAVE BEEN FILLED), Citizens Bank Park; MEDIA DONATIONS ONLY, 12 - 2 p.m.
- If you are a member of the media and would like to donate, please contact Anthony C. Tornetta from the American Red Cross at 215-687-8939 or email TornettaAC@usa.redcross.org.
Donors will receive a special ticket discount for a future Phillies game and a tour of Citizens Bank Park. Snacks will be provided by McDonald's.
- Phillies Liberty Bell Classic Games Underway: OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
The following local Division I colleges will compete in the Liberty Bell Classic Tournament: Temple University at Villanova University - 3:15 p.m.; University of Delaware at University of Pennsylvania - 3 p.m.; Lehigh University at LaSalle University - 3:15 p.m. The championship game will be held at Citizens Bank Park on Tuesday, April 14 at 8 p.m.
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 1
Phillies Food Drive for Philabundance with partners Citizens Bank and The Philadelphia Inquirer: OPEN TO THE PUBLIC, 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m., Citizens Bank, 15th & Market St. Branch
- Help support Philabundance and donate canned food items as part of The Philadelphia Inquirer's goal to collect 180,000 pounds of food in 180 days. Donors will receive a special ticket discount for a future Phillies game.
THURSDAY, APRIL 2
Phillies "Pup Rally" for Pennsylvania SPCA with partner The Friends of Rittenhouse Square: OPEN TO THE PUBLIC, 5 - 7 p.m., Rittenhouse Square
- Dress your dogs in their Phillies best and join the Red Phanatic, Phillies Broadcasters and Phillies Ballgirls to raise funds and awareness for the Pennsylvania SPCA (Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals). Drop off much-needed blankets and toys. Cash donations will also be accepted. Cats and dogs will be available to adopt. There will also be a raffle for a variety of items. Donors will receive a special ticket discount for a future Phillies game.
McFadden's Season Kick-off Party: OPEN TO THE PUBLIC, 7 p.m., McFadden's at the Ballpark
- Phillies Broadcasters Gary "Sarge" Matthews and Tom McCarthy and former Phillie Mitch "Wild Thing" Williams will act as celebrity bartenders. Phillies Ballgirls will be in attendance to distribute rally towels to all fans. Mr. Greengenes will take the stage at 9 p.m. McFadden's will also be unveiling their new outdoor bar, which features five plasma TVs, a granite bar top and a state-of-the-art sound system. Free parking is available in Lot P on Darien St.
- Boathouse Row: With the help of the Fairmount Park Commission, lights will turn red to welcome the team back from spring training and will remain red through Modell's Sporting Goods Opening Night on Sunday, April 5.
ON-DECK WITH THE PHILLIES
- Friday, April 3 - On-Deck with the Phillies Reception & Phillies vs. Tampa Bay Rays, Citizens Bank Park. The Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce will welcome back players at their annual reception at Citizens Bank Park (SOLD OUT). Then, at 7:05 p.m., the Phillies take on the Rays. Go to www.phillies.com for tickets.
- Saturday, April 4 - Phillies vs. Tampa Bay Rays, 1:05 p.m., Citizens Bank Park. Southwest Airlines Schedule Magnet for all fans. The Phillies will recognize the nine champions in our community on the field, pre-game. They will also have the opportunity to dance on the dugout with the Phanatic during the game.
SATURDAY, APRIL 4
- Philly Spring Cleanup: 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Take part in this city-wide cleanup! More info at www.phillyspringcleanup.com.
SUNDAY, APRIL 5
Modell's Sporting Goods Opening Night!
- Phillies take on the Atlanta Braves, Citizens Bank Park, 8:05 p.m. (SOLD OUT).