09/24/2010 9:39 AM ET
Phanatic Statue Signed by 2010 Phillies Team Up for Online Auction Today
To date, nearly $200,000 raised with net proceeds benefitting Phillies Charities
This is it! The final Phanatic Around Town statue - the one autographed by the entire 2010 team - is now up for online auction at www.phillies.com/phanaticaroundtown.
Fans can bid on "The Phillie Phanatic" statue starting Friday, September 24, at 9:00 a.m. ET, until Thursday, September 30, at 6:00 p.m. ET. This life-size, fiberglass Phanatic was painted by Phillies graphic artist Melissa Maani, and stands 6 feet tall and weighs 100 hundred pounds.
"The Phillie Phanatic" was signed by members from the 2010 team and includes autographs from 28 current players, the Phillies manager and coaches, mascot and several former players.
- Pitchers: Danys Baez, Joe Blanton, Jose Contreras, Chad Durbin, Roy Halladay, Cole Hamels, David Herndon, Kyle Kendrick, Brad Lidge, Ryan Madson, Jamie Moyer, Roy Oswalt, J.C. Romero.
- Catchers: Carlos Ruiz, Brian Schneider.
- Infielders: Greg Dobbs, Ryan Howard, Placido Polanco, Jimmy Rollins, Mike Sweeney, Chase Utley, Wilson Valdez
- Outfielders: Domonic Brown, Ben Francisco, Ross Gload, Raul Ibanez, Shane Victorino, Jayson Werth
- Manager and Coaches: Charlie Manuel, Mick Billmeyer, Rich Dubee, Greg Gross, Davey Lopes, Pete Mackanin, Sam Perlozzo.
- Additional Autographs: Phillie Phanatic and Melissa Maani, Phillies Graphic Artist
- Autographs From Former Phillies Players: Juan Castro, Nelson Figueroa, J.A. Happ, Cody Ransom, Milt Thompson.
Net proceeds from the Phanatic Around Town online auction benefit Phillies Charities. To date, nearly $200,000 has been raised.
ABOUT PHANATIC AROUND TOWN
At the start of the 2010 Phillies season, the Phillies and Greater Philadelphia Tourism Marketing Corporation (GPTMC) teamed up to launch the Phanatic Around Town public art project. The tourism and fan initiative features the Phillie Phanatic, one of Philadelphia's favorite icons, and ties into GPTMC's With Love, Philadelphia XOXO™ tourism marketing campaign.
This is the first time a Major League Baseball mascot has been molded into a public art project. All the statues were painted by local artists and on display this summer at local attractions. The entire lineup is currently on display at Citizens Bank Park until the end of the Phillies regular season.
Fans have been able to bid on a series of Phanatic statues since August 27, 2010, via an online phillies.com auction taking place until September 30, with net proceeds benefitting Phillies Charities. For more information, please visit www.phillies.com/phanaticaroundtown or www.visitphilly.com.