6/11/2014 6:47 P.M. ET
Phillies to host Retro Weekend
By / Philadelphia Phillies
Citizens Bank Park will travel back in time the weekend of June 13-15 - and every Phillies fan is invited to come along.
Whether fans get decked out in their finest '60s threads during Phillies 1960's Retro Night on Friday, welcome back World Series Champion Scott Eyre as part of Citizens Bank Park Saturdays or pay tribute to Jim Bunning's perfect game, which happened 50 years ago on Father's Day, on Chevrolet Father's Appreciation Day, there's plenty of throwback fun all weekend-long.
Friday: '60s FUN at Phillies Retro Night!
- Throwbacks: Both the Phillies and Cubs players and coaches will be wearing their 1964 uniforms.
- Swinging Sixties Dance Party: Characters from the era will make appearances pre-game on Ashburn Alley, as the Phillies' Scott Palmer hosts live music from Sweet Loretta Fat, a Beatles tribute band starting at 6:30 p.m.
- Early Alley Concession Specials: Fountain sodas and other selected menu items will be $1 at the Alley Brewing Company stand on Ashburn Alley, next to Tony Luke's, from 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. In addition, "Your Dad's Favorite Beer" featuring some great labels of the 1960s will be available in that location.
- First Balls: Alumni Dick Allen, Cookie Rojas and John Herrnstein will throw out ceremonial first pitches.
- Calling All Best-dressed Fans: Fans with the best '60s outfits have the chance to win retro collectibles.
- Celebrity look-alikes and characters from 1960's pop culture will be roaming throughout the ballpark.
- Rolling back the prices to the 1960s: Vendors dressed in retro gear will sell Phillies Yearbooks for just $1 all game long. Plus, the Majestic Clubhouse Store will offer a free limited edition Chase Utley Retro Bobble Figurine with the combo purchase of a 1960s Phillies script logo t-shirt and 1960s game hat.
- National Anthem: Will be performed by Bunny Sigler, pop and R&B songwriter and record producer of the 1960s with hits like "Let The Good Times Roll & (Feel So Good)".
- Phillies Grounds Crew will also dress in retro attire.
- The Mitchell & Ness Alley Store will have a special 1960s jersey and photo display and will debut new '60s inspired apparel items.
- Book Signing: Larry Shenk, who started with the Phillies in 1964, will sign copies of his new book If These Walls Could Talk on the main concourse behind section 111, adjacent to the NewsStand from 6:00-7:00 p.m.
- Plus, plenty of in-game treatment from 1960s music, TV, trivia, PhanaVision digital shorts featuring the Phanatic, retro-themed headshots and more!
Saturday: #CBPSaturdays Return with Scott Eyre
- As part of Phillies' Citizens Bank Park Saturdays, former Phillies pitcher, Scott Eyre, will throw out the first ball prior to the 3:05 p.m. game against the Cubs.
- Fans are also invited to take self-guided tours of the Top 10 Moments of Citizens Bank Park, which are pictured on large hanging displays throughout the main concourse of Citizens Bank Park. More than 43,000 online votes on phillies.com were cast to select these top moments in the history of Citizens Bank Park.
- Also part of the day, the 238th US Army Birthday Celebration, including a special entrance by the Black Daggers Parachute Team, a performance by the United States Army Drill Team and an induction ceremony of 25 future soldiers.
Sunday: Chevrolet Father's Appreciation Day, Jim Bunning Tribute
- Phillies players and coaches will don their 1964 uniforms once more.
- Jim Bunning Tribute:
- First Pitch: Bunning will throw the first pitch in honor of his perfect game 50 years ago on Father's Day.
- Bunning's former teammates will join the ceremonies: Dick Allen, Cookie Rojas and John Herrnstein.
- God Bless America: Will be sung by Grammy-award winning American singer, Art Garfunkel.
- All men 15 and over will receive a classic fedora hat, courtesy of Chevrolet.
- Plus, more in-game treatment from 1960s music and pop culture!
Tickets are available for purchase by calling 215-463-1000 or go to www.phillies.com/tickets.
This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.