Congratulations to Berks/Lancaster Lebanon, the 2016 Softball Carpenter Cup Champions! Berks/LL defeated Tri-Cape 9-1 to claim the title.
The 2016 Carpenter Cup powered by ENGIE was played June 20-23 at the Phillies MLB Urban Youth Academy Softball Fields at FDR Park.
The purpose of the Softball Carpenter Cup is to give the best high school players in the tri-state area the opportunity to showcase their talents in front of college scouts. The hope is that this tournament, like the baseball Carpenter Cup Classic, will be a catalyst for many players to receive scholarships or admission to some of the country's finest universities. The inaugural tournament was played in June of 2005 and Delaware South (Gold) claimed the first title.
Go behind-the-scenes at the Phillies Carpenter Cup tournaments powered by ENGIE as the best high school athletes in the tri-state area compete for the championship title.
1. There are 16 Softball Carpenter Cup franchises representing 17 leagues. They are:
2. Each franchise can carry and play up to 17 players.
3. Pitchers can pitch a maximum of four innings in a regulation game. If the game extends into extra innings, the inning cap is lifted.
1. The Softball Carpenter Cup Executive Committee will determine rules of play. Franchises will not be able to question rules or rulings made by the Committee at any time.
2. The tournament will be a double elimination tournament. This means that if, in the championship round, the team from the winners bracket loses to the team from the losers bracket, a deciding game must be played.
3. All games will be 7 innings and Federation rules will be followed. With the exception of the following:
4. The international tiebreaker is in effect if the game is tied after the seventh inning.
5. There is no mercy rule in the Carpenter Cup.
6. If a game is called because of rain or darkness and the home team is leading after four and a half innings or if the away team is leading after five innings the game will be considered a complete game.
7. If a game is called because of rain or darkness and four and a half or five innings, depending on who is leading, have not been played, the game will be considered suspended and resume at the point of suspension.
The 2017 Softball Carpenter Cup will begin on June 19. The complete schedule will be posted shortly.
All games will be played at the Softball Fields in FDR Park.
For more information regarding the Softball Carpenter Cup, e-mail email@example.com or call 215-463-1000.