The purpose of the Softball Carpenter Cup is to give the best high school players in the tri-state area the opportunity to showcase their talents in front of college scouts.
The hope is that this tournament, like the baseball Carpenter Cup Classic, will be a catalyst for many players to receive scholarships or admission to some of the country's finest universities.
The inaugural tournament was played in June of 2005 and Delaware South (Gold) claimed the first title.
1. There are 16 Softball Carpenter Cup franchises representing 17 leagues. They are:
2. Each franchise MUST have a 14-player roster. Franchises will have the opportunity to add up to three additional players to their roster that will act as floating alternates.
3. The method a team is selected is up to each individual franchise. The team can be selected using each leagues All-star team or via tryouts. However, no more than three girls may be selected from each high school.
4. All players must play a minimum of three full innings in the field and have at least one at bat. However, they do not have to play all three innings at the same position. The bottom of the seventh inning, whether it is played or not, will count as an inning.
5. Pitchers can pitch a maximum of four innings in a regulation game. If the game extends into extra innings, the inning cap is lifted.
1. The Softball Carpenter Cup Executive Committee will determine rules of play. Franchises will not be able to question rules or rulings made by the Committee at any time.
2. The tournament will be a double elimination tournament. This means that if, in the championship round, the team from the winners bracket loses to the team from the losers bracket, a deciding game must be played.
3. All games will be 7 innings and Federation rules will be followed. With the exception of the following:
4. The international tiebreaker is in effect if the game is tied after the seventh inning.
5. There is no mercy rule in the Carpenter Cup.
6. If a game is called because of rain or darkness and the home team is leading after four and a half innings or if the away team is leading after five innings the game will be considered a complete game.
7. If a game is called because of rain or darkness and four and a half or five innings, depending on who is leading, have not been played, the game will be considered suspended and resume at the point of suspension.
8. Penalty for Missing Players - Each franchise must carry and play 14 players in their games - 9 starters and 5 substitutes. Three floating alternates are also allowed to round out a 17 player overall roster Prior to every game, a team must make it known that it playing with less than 14 players. For every substitute less than the required 7, there will be a "ghost substitute" who is required to "play" three full offensive and defensive innings with at least one at-bat. If a team plays a game with less than 14 players, a penalty will be levied against the team in the form of an out for any at bats the missing player would have taken during her mandatory three innings in the field. This rule will relate to all defensive positions except the pitcher. A pitcher may not pitch for more than four innings in a given game. The only exception to this will be if a game goes into extra innings.
Home teams are displayed in italics. Winning teams are displayed in bold.
|Monday, June 24|
|9:00 am (Game 1)||Mercer County v. Philadelphia Public/AACA||5|
|9:00 am (Game 2)||Olympic Colonial v. SOL/Bicentennial||6|
|11:00 am (Game 3)||Lehigh Valley v. Philadelphia Catholic||5|
|11:00 am (Game 4)||Berks/LL v. Tri-Cape||6|
|1:00 pm (Game 5)||Winner Game 1 v. Winner Game 2||5|
|1:00 pm (Game 6)||Loser Game 1 v. Loser Game 2||6|
|3:00 pm (Game 7)||Winner Game 3 v. Winner Game 4||5|
|3:00 pm (Game 8)||Loser Game 3 v. Loser Game 4||6|
|5:00 pm (Game 9)||Winner Game 5 v. Winner Game 7||5|
|5:00 pm (Game 10)||Winner Game 6 v. Winner Game 8||6|
|Tuesday, June 25|
|9:00 am (Game 11)||Delaware North v. Inter-AC||5|
|9:00 am (Game 12)||Jersey Shore v. Delaware County||6|
|11:00 am (Game 13)||Burlington County v. Mid-Penn||5|
|11:00 am (Game 14)||Delaware South v. Chester County||6|
|1:00 pm (Game 15)||Winner Game 11 v. Winner Game 12||5|
|1:00 pm (Game 16)||Loser Game 11 v. Loser Game 12||6|
|3:00 pm (Game 17)||Winner Game 13 v. Winner Game 14||5|
|3:00 pm (Game 18)||Loser Game 13 v. Loser Game 14||6|
|5:00 pm (Game 19)||Winner Game 15 v. Winner Game 17||5|
|5:00 pm (Game 20)||Winner Game 16 v. Winner Game 18||6|
|Wednesday, June 26|
|9:00 am (Game 21)||Loser Game 5 v. Loser 7||5|
|9:00 am (Game 22)||Loser Game 15 v. Loser Game 17||6|
|11:00 am (Game 23)||Winner Game 21 v. Winner Game 22||5|
|11:00am (Game 24)||Winner Game 10 v. Winner Game 20||6|
|1:00pm (Game 25)||Winner Game 9 v. Winner Game 19||5|
|1:00 pm (Game 26)||Loser Game 9 v. Winner Game 24||6|
|3:00 pm (Game 27)||Loser Game 19 v. Winner Game 23||5|
|5:00 pm (Game 28)||Winner Game 26 v. Winner Game 27||6|
|Thursday, June 27|
|9:00 am (Game 29)||Loser Game 25 v. Winner Game 28||5|
|11:00 pm (Game 30)||Winner Game 25 v. Winner Game 29||5|
|1:00 pm (Game 31)||If necessary||5|
NOTE: Rain Dates are July 1 and 2. All other games will be determined by a coin flip.
For more information regarding the Softball Carpenter Cup, e-mail email@example.com or call 215.463.1000.