• Begins his third season on the Milwaukee coaching staff.....was named to his current position on 11/28/11, replacing Dale Sveum, who was named manager of the Chicago Cubs
• The Brewers led the National League in runs (776) and home runs (202) in 2012.....the team reached 200+ homers for just the fifth time in franchise history (1980, '82, 2001, '07 and '12)
• Spent four seasons on the Major League coaching staff with Texas prior to joining the Brewers.....began his tenure with the Rangers as special assignment coach in 2008 and held that title until being named assistant hitting coach in 2011
• Was video/administrative coach with Cincinnati in 2007
• Served as hitting coach at Rookie Helena in 2003 and 2006 during his first stint with the Brewers.....also spent the 2005 season as hitting coach at Class-A Brevard County and Class-A West Virginia.
• His only season as a manager came in the Brewers organization at Rookie Helena in 2004.....went 39-37 (.513).
• Was a first baseman from 1974-75 in the farm systems of the Yankees and White Sox.
• Is married.....wife's name is Gail.....the couple has three daughters, Holden, Julia and Jane, and a son named Johnny
• Graduated from Goldsboro (NC) High School, where he played baseball and basketball
• Attended East Carolina University
• His brother, Jerry, is the Brewers' bench coach
• His nephew, Connor, is an in fielder in the Orioles organization
• His cousin, Sam Narron, pitched in the Brewers organization
• His uncle, Sam Narron, was a Major League catcher with St. Louis (1935, 1942-43) and a coach with Pittsburgh (1951-64).